A Motherless Daughters Facilitator Trainer is a highly trained and skilled servant leader, who is responsible to help a new facilitator complete her practicum and to learn the nuances and methodologies of the ministry. She supports, encourages, provides feedback, and validates the readiness of new facilitators. She has met all of the qualifications as outlined below for this job description and is certified to use the Motherless Daughters materials that are provided for facilitating a Motherless Daughters class and practicum completion.
- Completed the Motherless Daughters 12-week class as a participant.
- Successfully completed Part I, Part II, and Part III of the 30-hr. Facilitator Class.
- Participated and successfully completed a 12-week practicum being part of a facilitation team for a Motherless Daughters Class.
- Completed the post-practicum evaluation procedure.
- Have facilitated a minimum of 1 class outside of practicum.
- Must have demonstrated excellent facilitation skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Motherless Daughters Facilitator Manual and its use with a new facilitator.
- Must have a working knowledge of group dynamics and be able to help the new facilitator assess the group.
- Must think win-win and demonstrate an assertive communication style.
- Must be accepting of other’s belief systems.
- Represent the Motherless Daughters Ministry with professionalism and Christian love.
- Functions as the coach, mentor, cheerleader, and evaluator of a new facilitator in training.
- Reviews the pre-practicum prep questionnaire with the new facilitator.
- Communicates weekly with the facilitator in training about their facilitation skills.
- Provides coaching to assist in the development of the new facilitator.
- Provide feedback about facilitation skills, process interventions, and facilitation characteristics after each class.
- Helps to prepare the facilitator in training for each new class and assures they have a prominent role in each lesson plan.
- Helps to equip the facilitator in training for their role as a Certified Motherless Daughters Facilitator.
- Communicates with the Director weekly or as agreed upon about the facilitator in training’s progress.
- Completes the final 360 practicum evaluation and assesses the readiness to become a Certified Motherless Daughters Facilitator.
- Maintains notes or journal during the practicum.
- Submits all notes, evaluations, and journals after the final 360 practicum evaluation to the Director.
Commitment to the Ministry:
- Agrees to function as a facilitator trainer with at least one 12 week or 6 week practicum per year.