Welcome to the Motherless Daughters Ministry (MDM)! We are excited that you have a desire to write for our blog and want to give you information to help you be a successful blog writer for the women who come to us.
We minister to women who have lost or missed the nurturing care of a mother. Writing to these women connects you on a level that is much deeper than your words. You speak into their soul. Follow the links below to find out more the MDM.
- Who Is a Motherless Daughter?
- Our Mission
- Our Vision
- Our Statement of Faith
- Our Creed
- Our Core Values
Guest Blogger Application (see more information below)
Why Should I Write For the Motherless Daughters Ministry?
Blogging for the MDM may help you build your reputation with motherless daughters all over the world. When you write for us, you become part of our “family.” Not only will you get a lot of exposure and credibility, you have the potential to connect with some of our influential community. Our community is a friendly and active group, and we like to help each other out.
- We are the ONLY Motherless Daughters Ministry in the world. Other locations have support groups and meet-up groups. There are no other groups who offer healing from the wounds of mother loss through support, classes, information, retreats, seminars, and outreach. We are blessed to be UNIQUE.
- The MDM website has been visited by people in more than 28 countries around the world (representing 6 different continents).
- We have over 6000+ social media subscribers across our platforms.
- Most posts and blogs are shared among our readers, hence having even a broader reach.
- We have an international presence with our 2 international domains:
- We have exposure and connections with other Motherless Daughters groups throughout the United States.
- Authors regularly tell us their posts have helped them gain new connections and additional exposure.
To Increase The Likelihood That Your Post Will Be Accepted, Consider These Suggestions
- Whenever possible, include real-life examples or case studies to support your writings.
- Use of videos, photos, charts, and other visual content is recommended, but such content must be your original content, or if it is not your original content, it is your responsibility to obtain the necessary rights to post such content.
- We encourage writers to use subheadings and bulleted lists to highlight main takeaways.
- We only accept pieces that haven’t appeared anywhere in the last 6 months.
- Guest Blogs must be submitted through the Guest Blogger Application.
- Your blog post should offer support and encouragement to motherless daughters.
- Posts must align with the Motherless Daughters Ministry mission, vision, statement of faith, and core values.
- Posts should be between 400 and 700 words in length.
- You may link to other sites in your blog (maximum of 4).
- Topics should be related to being a motherless daughter.
- Include your name and the title of your post in the Word document.
- Take the time to have someone else read your post for clarity, grammar, spelling, and punctuation before submitting.
- Quotes and data from other sources must be referenced.
- Images are necessary to include in your post submission and must copyright free.
How To Submit Your Blog Post For Consideration
- Complete the Guest Blogger Application.
- Email this form to: [email protected]
- Not all submissions will be selected for publication. Submissions must meet our guidelines and must be a good fit for our ministry.
- Please don’t contact us to request the status of your submission.
- If your piece is selected, we will provide you with notice before the date we intend to publish your blog post so that you are available to monitor and answer questions or comments on each post.
- We do not pay for submissions. If you decide to submit a post, you do so with the knowledge that you will not be entitled to any compensation for writing the post or for any other compensation related to the post.
Promotion and Social Media Distribution
The MDM will promote all posts via social media platforms. We encourage contributors to do the same! We want your post to be seen by as many people as possible. We may edit your post to fit our style or tone.
Please be available to monitor and answer any questions or comments on the MDM website and Facebook after your post is published. You must maintain a professional and positive tone in your responses.
If we use your guest post, you may promote it on your own website, Facebook, Twitter or other social media forums. Promoting does not mean you post the entire article on these forums. You may include a link to your guest post and a short sentence or two explaining what the article is about.
Republishing and Repurposing Your Posts
Contributors may repurpose their posts elsewhere, with the following stipulations:
- There must be a 6 month window between the time your article goes live on the MDM blog and the time it is published on another site.
- All subsequent publication of your article must cite MDM as the original source and provide a link to the original post.
- You will make us aware of any actual or potential conflict of interest in connection with your submission.
- By contributing to the blog, you grant us the right to use your name in promotions and other publications.