Dates: Jan. 10, Jan. 17, Jan. 24, Jan. 31
Time: 7:00-9:00 PM
Location: Montgomery Community Church, 11251 Montgomery Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45249
Registration: Click here to register online.
Costs: $50.00 (register before Jan. 1, 2017) / $60 (register after Jan.1, 2017)
Registration fee includes 200+ page Keys to High Performance Communications workbook, all experiential exercises, handouts and instructions.
One of the biggest challenges we face in the workplace, in our relationships, and in our daily lives is communicating with others. Our productivity, our personal satisfaction, and our interpersonal relationships are greatly affected by communications. Most of us think we know how to manage these communications well until a difficult situation arises that leaves us frustrated, bewildered, or even defeated. At such times, we wish we were more adept at applying the interpersonal communication skills we already have, or finding new, more powerful skills to help us untangle our predicament.
That’s the point to Keys to High Performance Communications: using your communication skills in ways that maximize your power and influence and lead to win-win solutions in your job and in your relationships. Keys to High Performance Communications will guide you through skill-building exercises designed to boost your assertiveness, hone your listening skills, and enhance your ability to successfully resolve conflicts. So, if you think there is room for improvement in your communications with your work-team members, or others in your life- this is the workshop for you!
The manual is designed to help you get the most out of the course Keys to High Performance Communications. This will help you follow along as the instructor presents the course, and the worksheets will help you pull together the important points you learn and apply them in ways that fits your needs and your unique situation. By working with these materials, you will maximize your retention of the important principles and skills learned in this workshop.
The workshop focuses on practical strategies on learning these skills. The methodology for this workshop is interactive, participative, and experiential. Each week we will add new skills.
- Describe the basic principles of assertive communication and how you can benefit from them.
- Learn how to listen effectively, with emphasize on the technique of active listening.
- Examine common obstacles for assertiveness and provide strategies for overcoming them
- Examine common obstacles to assertiveness and provide practice strategies for overcoming them.
- Discuss how to use assertiveness while respecting the rights of others and understanding your responsibilities.
- Assess styles of handling anger and conflict, as well as effective ways to resolve anger and conflict.
- How to successfully give and receive negative feedback.