YES, I SAID YOU! LISTEN UP. IT IS TIME. PICK UP THAT PEN AND JUST START. YOU HEARD ME – JUST DO IT! The orders are barked at me loud and clear. Who is this talking to me?
This is the kick start I needed. An inner writer to push me into getting started. Shall I name her? How about Maude, you know like in the Golden Girls. She shall be hence forth known at Maude the Maven. That way when I shout at her I can call her by name.
I never was a great student when it came to writing. I would avoid English Composition at all costs. My punctuation sucks. Thank God for things like the Grammerly App. What I would have given to have this 50 years ago. But then computers were not invented in the dark ages. I just needed a Maude whispering in my ear back then. Through the years and in my post graduate education, I did write lots of really good professional papers, but this is different. This is from the heart. So why do I want to write now?
I guess the simplest reason is that I have a lot to say and I want to share this with the world. Sounds kind of arrogant, doesn’t it? And yet this is really true. Never ever did I dream that I would want to do this. Maude is yelling at me, “JUST GET STARTED.” OK, OK, HERE IT GOES!
18 years ago, I founded the Motherless Daughters Ministry for those who had lost or missed the nurturing care of a mother. These women had either lost a mother through death or absence. Some had deceased mothers. Others had living mothers. Over those 18 years I have cried with, been blessed by, and have learned from them. I have grown more and more knowledgeable in the grief journey for motherless women. 18 years! Now it is time to share what I have learned with the world.
So many topics to talk about –
- What is it like to experience mother loss at different ages?
- How does loss at different ages look like in an adult?
- The stories, oh yes, the stories. They need to be told.
- Parenting – how does mother loss affect being a parent?
- How does mother loss shape a woman?
- What happens in relationships?
- Different ways a woman becomes motherless – sudden loss, trauma, early loss, later loss
- The words a motherless daughter never got to say.
These are just a few questions I need to write about. The topics bombard me from all sides. Sorting them will be challenging. There is so much to share.
And what can you do for me?
- Keep me accountable to you
- Ask me, “Where’s the book?”
- Pray for me that I am guided to speak to you words that are healing.
YES, YES, I hear you Maude. JUST BEGIN!