July 13, 2023
Relationships are wonderful . . . until they’re not.
Join us as we embark on a six-week journey to delve into Lysa’s new book, “Good Boundaries and Goodbyes.” This book helps to stop the dysfunction of unhealthy relationships by showing you biblical ways to set boundaries – and, when necessary, say goodbye–without losing the best of who you are.
Is it unloving or selfish to set a boundary? Are Christians ever called to walk away from a relationship that’s no longer safe or sustainable? Lysa TerKeurst deeply understands these hard questions in the midst of relational struggles.
This bible study will help us further understand biblical principles related to:
- Understanding the five factors to remember when implementing healthy boundaries.
- Determining the appropriate amount of personal and emotional access someone has to you based on how responsible they’ll be with that access.
- Stopping the cycle of being misled and emotionally paralyzed by wrongly interpreted or weaponized scriptures that perpetuate unhealthy dynamics in difficult relationships.
- Overcoming the frustrating cycle of ineffective boundary-setting with realistic scripts and practical strategies to help you communicate, keep, and implement healthier patterns.
- Being equipped to say goodbye without guilt when a relationship has shifted from difficult to destructive and is no longer sustainable.
- Receiving therapeutic wisdom you can trust directly from Lysa’s Christian counselor Jim Cress, who weighs in throughout the book.
If you are struggling with a particular relationship or setting boundaries in general, this book and Bible Study are for you! You’ll be relieved to learn that boundaries aren’t just a good idea, they’re a God idea.
event is free but a minimum donation of $50 is suggested