We have been diligently working over the summer to create a fantastic fall lineup of classes and events from the Motherless Daughters Ministry. Here is what is coming up!
Daughters of the Narcissistic Mother
In this 6-week class, we will be using the book Will I Ever Be Good Enough: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers by Dr. Karyl McBride Ph.D. We will work to instill an understanding and realization of your mother’s condition and the effects that her narcissism has had on your life. Narcissism is often rooted in family history. It is a life long struggle to break the bonds. This understanding empowers self-trust and self-acceptance of who you are today and that YOU are good enough. Will I ever be good enough is not really a question but it is a judgment. It is a message that you may have received from your mother. It implies that we are not good enough and so what may happen is that we judge ourselves and assume others are judging us critically. We are unsure of ourselves and may be:
- Self conscious
- Lack self trust
- Have the inability to sustain relationships
- Lack confidence
- Have a sense of insecurity
Date: Tuesdays, Oct. 11, 2016 – Nov. 15, 2016
Time: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Location: Montgomery Community Church.
* You must pre-register for this class. To pre-register click here.
The Journey – Healing the Wounds of Mother Loss One Step at a Time
NEW ACCELERATED FORMAT. We have reformatted this 12-week class into an accelerated 4-day non-residential class format.
Have you ever felt that losing your mother was much more than a physical death or loss of nurturing? The emotional loss is almost as overpowering. Have you wondered if there are other women who feel the same way and long to connect to each other? You are not alone. Maybe you’ve never even talked about your mother loss experience because it’s just too painful or uncomfortable. Maybe you need to read on…maybe this is for you, your time to be affirmed, to feel loved, to reflect, to quiet yourself…so you can begin healing.
The Journey: Healing the Wounds of Mother Loss One Step at a Time focuses on mother loss & its effect on your life, how her absence shapes your identity, influences your style of mothering and relationships, how your grief surfaces throughout your lifetime, and how you experience living beyond your mother’s final years. This 4-day accelerated class could literally change your life. Are you ready?
Dates: 4 Fridays, Oct. 28- Nov. 18, 2016
Time: 9:00-2:30 PM
Location: Deerfield United Methodist Church, 2757 W. US 22 & 3, Maineville, OH 45039.
You must pre-register for this class. To pre-register click here.
Save the Date – The Journey Retreat. Upcoming 4-day residential retreat from June 1-4, 2017. Registration opens Jan. 2017. (More information coming soon!)
Volunteer Recognition for 2015-2016 Motherless Daughters Ministry Volunteers
By Invitation only
Date: Friday, Nov. 4, 2016
Time: 6:30-9:00 PM
Location: Montgomery Community Church, 11251 Montgomery Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45249
Topic: Forgiveness in Ministry
Guest Speaker: Karen Alexander Doyel
Persevering in Ministry
Presented by: Karen Alexander Doyel
Doing God’s work is never easy. God wants you to be a willing servant — and He wants you to serve in your strength. God does not want you to stop in ministry. Come explore God’s call for ministry on you, how to discipline yourself as a leader, and to persevere in doing the work you have been called to do. In this one-day seminar, we will explore:
- God’s call — Join Karen as she shares her personal life’s journey of hearing the call of Jesus. Although God’s calls were not always what Karen would have wanted, be encouraged to hear how God’s perfect plan has worked out all circumstanced she has faced for the good. What is God’s call on your life?
- Spiritual Disciplines for Leaders – Leadership comes with great responsibility. Spiritual Disciplines give you strength to serve God or as Paul says, “run the race.” Learn how to plan ahead and be ready. The spiritual disciplines are not optional and will help you to persevere in ministry. What spiritual disciplines are you using to prepare and protect yourself in ministry?
- Perseverance in ministry — You must never tire in doing ministry. However the truth is that there will be sometimes you are just exhausted. Is that because you are serving where you shouldn’t? Are you allowing the enemy to crush you? Have you lost hope? Do you need to spend more time with the Lord? Have you put on the armor of God? How do you persevere in the ministry you are called to do? What are your “worth it” moments
Date: Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016
Time: 8:00-3:30 PM
Location: Montgomery Community Church
Cost: Early bird $25.00 before Oct. 10th; After Oct. 10th $35.00
To register click here.
Connections and Conversations
As we face life’s daily challenges, we might ask ourselves, “Why am I feeling this way? How should I respond? I’m overwhelmed, what should I do or who can I talk to?” We all have relationship issues, whether at work, home or in our community. Know that you are not alone in this journey of “womanhood.”
Motherless Daughters Ministry’s “Connections & Conversations” group can help you process your feelings and choices. We meet monthly, in an informal, yet supportive setting to discuss how mother loss, whether through death, neglect or absence, has affected us as women. Motherless Daughters is a non-profit organization that hopes to serve you; join us to connect, laugh, talk and know you are not alone.
Location: Montgomery Community Church (11251 Montgomery Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45249)
Time: 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
October 3 – “Am I Becoming My Mother?”
November 7 – “Boundaries in Relationships”
December 5 – “Getting Through the Holidays”
Click here to register.
Whew! We are busy. Hope to meet you at one of these classes or events.